This tool was designed by the Dartmouth Community health Board, Community health team, HRM Community Development,and
the Self-help Connection to assist service providers and inform residents of the many helping resources available.
Download this Tool
This tool was designed and supported by the Community Health Team, Geriatric Navigator and Dartmouth Community Health Board with Capital Health and Dartmouth Senior Community Member input to assist service providers and inform residents of the many helping resources available to seniors.
Download this Tool
- Canadian Literacy and learning Ten Year National Literacy Action Plan 2006 to 2016
- Literacy Key to learning and Pathway to Prosperity Action Plan for Atlantic Canada
- BC Adult Opportunity Action Plan
- Literacy First A Plan for Action Province of Alberta
- Working Together for Adult Literacy New Brunswick Action Plan 2010
- An Action Plan to Improved Literacy in Scotland
Help us spread the word about Dartmouth Learning Network and all that we do.
Math for All Ages
Created by adult learners for Level One students, this math workbook focuses on the history, geography and government of Canada. It is divided into 35 lessons, which are:
- Created by adult learners
- Relevant to Canadians in all parts of the country
- Designed to allow a gradual skill progression
- Clearly laid out
- Fun and interesting
Sample pages from Math for All Ages:
- Lesson 5 - Temperature: Page 1 , Page 2
- Lesson 11 - One Digit Addition: Page 1 , Page 2
- Lesson 28 - Borrowing during Subtraction: Page 1 , Page 2
My Backyard: A Workbook for New Adult Readers (1999)
This workbook has been created in Nova Scotia by adult learners for adult learners. A group of students from the Dartmouth Learning Network (DLN) compiled learner-written stories and exercises. These discuss their personal challenges and life experiences, which are at times related to life in Nova Scotia.
The book is divided into 25 lessons which are:
- Aimed at new readers
- Created by learners
- Offer inspiration for further learning
- Have clearly laid out lessons with lots of opportunity for review and reinforcement of skills.