The Dartmouth Learning Network provides opportunities for adults and their families to gain the essential skills necessary to live and work in a modern economy.
Our classroom, small group and one-to-one learning options, support adults to build their reading, writing, math, computer and essential skills so that they can realize personal goals, further education, apprenticeships and employment. As part of a continuum of services offered through the Nova Scotia School for Adult Learning, the Dartmouth Learning Network’s programs provide a strong foundation and pathway to further education and lifelong learning at home, in the community and at work.
We partner with like-minded community agencies to foster literacy and lifelong learning skills within families. Our vision is that everyone has the skills they need to reach their earning and career goals.
Position Overview, Roles & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Office Cleaner plays an integral role in providing a safe, welcoming and professional space to facilitate learning.
Specifically, the Office Cleaner will:
- Sweep, vacuum and mop floors
- Wipe down communal surfaces (counters, cupboards, doors, tables, chairs, desks, etc.)
- Dust baseboards, spot clean walls and trim as needed
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
- Notify Executive Director of any repairs required or supplies needed
- Tackle heavier cleaning jobs upon request
The successful candidate will have demonstrate:
- Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- The ability to prioritize and manage tasks in a busy multi-use office environment
- Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision
Hours & Compensation
5 hours per week (September through to June 15th annually) at $15.00 per hour.