JOB POSTING - Immediate opening
GED & Level 1 Math Instructor
4-month Contract Position - September 11th to December 15th, 2023
The Dartmouth Learning Network (DLN) provides opportunities for adults and their families to gain the essential skills necessary to live and work in a modern economy. Our small classroom sizes support adults to build their reading, writing, math, computer and essential skills so that they can realize personal goals, further education, apprenticeships and employment. Dartmouth Learning Network partners with the Nova Scotia School for Adult Learning (NSSAL) to provide courses in academic upgrading, GED preparation and lifelong learning.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the DLN has an immediate opening for a part-time INSTRUCTOR for GED preparation and Level 1/2 Math instruction, for a 4-month contract, September - December 2023.
- Prepare lesson plans/course materials in accordance with course syllabi for all five GED exam subjects: English, Writing and Comprehension, Literature, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics.
- Instruct and evaluate students in all GED subject areas and Level 1/2 Math
- Track student attendance, grades, and progress
- Monitor all students’ registration and completion of the GED exam
- Provide coaching and academic guidance to students as needed
- Introduce and effectively use technology in class
- Previous experience in adult education
- Literacy Praconer certification is an asset
- Knowledge of the GED program
- Excellent math skills
- Computer literacy
Hours: 25-30 hours per week/ daytime
Compensation: $31-36/hour plus 4% vacation pay
Location: DLN office, 73 Tacoma Drive, Dartmouth
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org